GlueX Software Meeting, April 30, 2019
GlueX Software Meeting
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
3:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center A110
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- ifarm1801: 80 hyper threads, 100 GB of memory
- New production version set: version_4.4.0.xml, new recon-launch-compatible version set: version_halld_recon_4.1.1.xml
- Review of minutes from the March 5 meeting (all)
- Report from the last HDGeant4 Meeting (all)
- Collaboration Meeting Agenda
- Database Storms (Mark)
- Review of recent issues and pull requests:
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2019 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2019/ .
- Glasgow: Peter Pauli
- JLab: Shankar Adhikari, Alexander Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Mark Dalton, Sean Dobbs, Hovanes Egiyan, Stuart Fegan, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Justin Stevens, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
- ifarm1801: is a new interactive farm node with 80 hyper threads and 100 GB of memory.
- New production version set: version_4.4.0.xml, new recon-launch-compatible version set: version_halld_recon_4.1.1.xml. These were announced on April 17. There are new releases of halld_recon, halld_sim, and hdgeant4 referenced.
Review of minutes from the previous meeting
We went over the minutes from the March 5 meeting
- Batch 4 of the reconstruction launch at NERSC on Spring 2018 data is 50% done. Over 70% of the jobs for this batch have been submitted.
- No word so far on the proposal to the Pittsburgh Super Computer Center.
Report from the last HDGeant4 Meeting
We went over the minutes from the meeting on April 23. Thomas reported that he has confirmed that the issue of the missing skip command in HDGeant4 was responsible for Carlos Salgado's issue with eta prime events.
Collaboration Meeting Agenda
We looked over the agenda, in particular the Software Tutorial on Monday and the Analysis/Offline/Calibration Session on Thursday. Peter asked if combo duplicate tracking could be addressed during the Tutorial. As there is not a general consensus on how this are should be handled, we instead encouraged Peter to open an issue on the halld_recon GitHub page on the subject.
Mark led us through the history and ameliorations, tried and planned, to address large loads on the CCDB database when many jobs start simultaneously on the farm. See his slide and the links therein for all of the details.
Review of recent issues and pull requests
Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List
We took a look at the list. During the discussion of Shankar's recent post on beam photon spectra in generated events, it was suggested that Thomas include some slides on the topic in his talk at the upcoming tutorial.