GlueX Software Meeting, March 31, 2020
GlueX Software Meeting
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
3:30 pm EDT
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting (all)
- Review of Minutes from the Last HDGeant4 Meeting (all)
- Review of recent issues and pull requests:
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
Present: Alex Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Mark Dalton, Hovanes Egiyan, Tolga Erbora, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Naomi Jarvis, David Lawrence, Hao Li, Keigo Mizutani, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of his meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
- new versions sets: version_4.17.0.xml and three recon launch sets. Mainly update releases.
- Possible fix to stalled projects. Thomas has relaunched some previously stalled projects. Most of them have moved to completion except for three. These require a pre-fix version set.
- current best-practice for CCDB access from farm jobs. Besides the procedure described in his email, Mark reported on yet another method used with success by Karthik. He had a private CCDB SQLite file that he wanted to use for farm jobs. The technique which worked was to store the SQLite file on volatile or cache and copy it to the local farm node for each job. Another future option is a compact SQLite database without full run number coverage that Mark has been working on.
Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting
We went over the minutes from March 17.
Mark has succeeded with an automated build of CCDB 2.0 in Build Scripts, including all of the GlueX packages. He needs to get an example database from Dmitry Romanov to test the build.
Corrupt EVIO Files
Richard generated two pull requests to address this problem. See Pull Request #338 and Pull Request #339. Mark will make sure that there is a patch release with both of these changes and test the changes. David will do a QA review.
Review of Minutes from the Last HDGeant4 Meeting
We went over the minutes from March 24 without comment.
Review of recent issues and pull requests and review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List
Not a lot of comment on these items either.
Action Item Review
- Trim choices in MCwrapper-bot. (?)
- Write a wiki page to describe how to navigate MCwrapper-bot. (Thomas)
- Implement a pick-your-analysis-launch option to MCwrapper-bot (Thomas, long-term)
- Get a CCDB 2.0 database example from Dmitry (Mark)
- Produce a compact SQLite version of the CCDB (Mark)
- Produce a patch release with both pull requests to fix the EVIO file corruption problem (Mark)
- Test that these changes work (Mark)
- QA Review both pull requests (David)