GlueX Start Counter Meeting, April 7, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
3:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326/7
- Review minutes from previous meeting: all
- Start Counter News
- MOU status
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=eaeDetvlv8a9asasIa
- Phone Bridge ID: 8 5557
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2011-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2011-2Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Lei Guo
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Sascha Somov, Simon Taylor
Pre-amp Designs and Testing of SiPM's
We went over decisions made at an ad hoc meeting with Fernando Barbosa on March 30. At that meeting Fernando told us he as a new design of the pre-amp for the 16-cell array, at least more recent than the one FIU has been working with. Vitaly Baturin and Sascha agreed to test both designs in Vitaly's set-up to assess and compare time resolution. After that the new one will be swapped with the array that FIU has been using.
Sascha and Vitaly are in the middle of their program. They have been looking recently at single-cell, 3 mm × 3 mm devices and are about to turn their attention to the 16-cell array.
- Lei has been in contact with Plastic Craft. They should get scintillator back from them in a few weeks.
- Werner is about to start doing timing tests using the Ortec constant-fraction discriminator he got from Beni Zihlmann.
The MOU is circulating around the Hall D group. Werner mentioned that there may be organizational changes in structure of the college coming; if so, the FIU list of signatories to the MOU may have to change.
Sascha brought up the idea of doing a test in Hall B, similar to the tests recently conducted for the tagger microscope counters, parasitic running under the tagger array. The same DAQ set-up could be used.
There some running scheduled before the May shut-down, but time would be tight to set something up. More discussion is needed.