GlueX Start Counter Meeting, August 8, 2013
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, August 8, 2013
10 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Construction Status
- Installation planning
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 1833622#
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the Hall D code: 1833622
- Fill in the participant registration form.
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2013-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2013-3Q/ .
- FIU: Lei Guo, Eric Pooser
- JLab: Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann
Review of Minutes from Previous Meeting
We looked at the minutes from the July 25th meeting, chaired by Beni.
Eric told us that the test stand will be ready by September 9th at the latest. The machine shop at FIU has been very busy.
Eric has re-measured paddles 1, 2, and 3 from the latest batch, now 7 weeks after the initial measurements. These paddles had been handled with the aloe-coated gloves and now in fact show some localized crazing in areas where the counters were handled, especially along edges and the nose. He showed plots with time resolution and attenuation length for these paddles. They show some deterioration of resolution, but only from the nose section. Paddles 4 and 5 were not handled with the gloves. They will be measured by the end of the week. Eric will update his slides to include those measurements.
FIU has started purchasing small items under the contract.
Foam Support Material
The Last-A-Foam product from General Plastics that Hall B used for its start counter comes in a wide variety of types and densities within each type. Mark talked to Youri Sharabian and Doug Tilles of Hall B and was told that Steve Christo is their Last-A-Foam guru. Chuck will consult with Steve on the best product for our purposes.