GlueX Start Counter Meeting, February 24, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
3:30 pm EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326/7
- Review minutes from previous meeting: all
- Start Counter News: Werner, Lei, Eric
- MOU plans: all
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=eaeDetvlv8a9asasIa
- Phone Bridge ID: 8 5557
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2011-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2011-1Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.
- FIU: Lei Guo
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Sascha Somov
We had a brief meeting...
Start Counter Status
Lei gave us a report:
- New scintillators from Eljen just arrived. There are 5 pieces, 60 cm x 15 mm x 3 mm, appropriate for a 30 paddle configuration.
- Eric Pooser has started looking at a new amplifer that should have higher bandwidth than the one they were using before.
Sasha mentioned that he is planning to work with Vitaly Barutin, who is working on the CLAS12 central TOF, to charactize time resolution for the Hamamatsu SiPM's. Vitaly has a set-up in the EEL at JLab that is suitable for the study.