GlueX Start Counter Meeting, February 4, 2021
- Review minutes from the last meeting
- Resolution and Calibration
- Action Item Review
Present: Rupesh Dotel, Mark Ito, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
Beni asked if the Start Counter would be used for upcoming runs. If removed it can be stored in the Hall: it has its own stand and its own crate that accommodates the detector on its stand.
Measuring SiPM Power Consumption
Beni looked at current draw from the bias voltage supplies to estimate power use by the SiPMs. He find a total of 12.4 W for the entire detector or 0.10 W per 3 mm × 3 mm square SiPM chip.
Action Item Review
- Document calibration procedure (Rupesh)
- Reproduce Beni's dark current results. (Tolga)
- Look up type of SiPMs used in start counter. (Mark)