GlueX Start Counter Meeting, February 7, 2019
- Review minutes from the meeting on January 24
- Calibration and Efficiency
- Start Counter time resolution CCDB table fix
- SiPM dark rate measurement (Beni)
- NIM Paper
- Action Item Review
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2019 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2019/ .
- FIU: Mahmoud Kamel
- JLab: Thomas Britton, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor
Review minutes from the meeting on January 24
We went over the minutes.
- Beni completed Hot Check-Out for the Start Counter.
- We are still thinking about a Start Counter Maintenance Program.
Calibration and Efficiency
Mahmoud had no new news to report. He noted that he and Sean Dobbs and agreed that there was no need for a new set of calibrations from Fall 2018 data; the start counter performance has been pretty stable.
Start Counter time resolution CCDB table fix
Simon reported on this recent pull request. The new CCDB table that contains resolution function information was not being referenced correctly in the code. Now it is.
Simon also told us that there remains a bug in halld_recon causing crashes in reconstruction jobs, with high-level detector timing. These have shown up in recent monitoring launches.
SiPM dark rate measurement
Mahmoud mentioned Beni Zihlmann's log entry on the SiPM dark rate run mentioned at the last meeting. Data has been taken and the analysis is likely in progress.