GlueX Start Counter Meeting, January 10, 2013
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, January 10, 2013
10 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Counter Construction
- SiPM read-out status
- Light collection study status
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2013-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2013-1Q/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Puneet Khetarpal, Eric Pooser
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Sascha Somov, Beni Zihlmann
Review minutes from previous meeting
Chuck told us that the 3-D model was made, but drawings haven't been produced yet. That can be done now.
- Eric has an email in to Chuck Hurlbut at Eljen. Chuck has talked to the guy at Eljen who will run our project. Eric has also contacted Robert McNeal about plan to have Eljen do the bending.
- The next step is to send a prototype counter through whole process.
- Werner has a new work-study student to work on testing. Eric is training him.
- Eric is also working on the design of the assembly jig.
SiPM Read-Out Status
- FIU got the ST-2 board back from Fernando Barbosa. It has not been tested yet.
- The next thing to do is the gain measurement do that Fernando can finalize the electronic design. The goal is to have a pulse-height for minimum ionizing signals that is completely contained in the FADC range. This assures that the time-walk correction can be applied for the smaller signals where the correction is critical.
- Sascha reports that 600 SiPMs have been received (for various projects, not just the start counter).
- Want to get a three-counter read-out board as soon as possible for the test set-up.
- Werner has looked over the example documents for procedures and quality assurance from the TOF constract.
- We will likely broach the deadline for a proposal appearing from FSU. Mark will ask Jarrod Fitzpatrick about how to handle this if should come to that.