GlueX Start Counter Meeting, January 11, 2018
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, January 11, 2018
11:30 am EST
CEBAF Center, Room F326/327
BlueJeans: 556 286 544
- Review minutes from the last meeting
- Calibration and Efficiency
- Time-dependent geometry adjustments
- Meeting time: is 10 am OK?
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans Meeting ID is 556 286 544 .
- Connect to the Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2017 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2017/ .
- FIU : Mahmoud Kamel
- JLab : Thomas Britton, Mark Ito (chair)
- Beam arrived in the Hall this morning.
Raw Hit Rate vs. Photon Flux
Thomas reported that the rate of raw hits in the start counter seems to scale reasonably well with photon flux. He has been studying this for all detector systems. See minutes of yesterday's Analysis Meeting.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from November 16. Mahmoud noted that he found the bggen events that Thomas has generated and used them for his comparisons of MC and data.
Calibration and Efficiency
We went over Sean Dobbs's list of start counter issues from November.
- Mahmoud has been looking at bggen data (as mentioned above) and comparing MC and data.
- Work on resolution as a function of momentum has not been reported.
- Mahmoud sent Sean some results on the time resolution as a function of z.
- Progress on alignment has not been reported.
Collaboration Meeting Discussion
Mahmoud will give a short update on calibration/efficiency/performance at the upcoming Collaboration Meeting.
A draft of the NIM paper has been circulated to the collaboration. the deadline for feedback has passed, but we thought that comments might still be accepted.
Meeting time: is 10 am OK
Mark has a schedule conflict and proposed meeting at 10 am rather than 11:00 or 11:30 am. All agreed that this is acceptable. Mark will make and announce the change.