GlueX Start Counter Meeting, January 12, 2012
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, January 12, 2012
10 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Prototype Report
- SiPM configuration
- Contract Status
- Simulation Status
- ESNet: 8542554 (non-standard and incorrect for this meeting)
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=e9eIeivevnaeaBIsaaI9
- Phone Bridge ID: 11 7685
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2012-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2012-1Q/ .
Present: Eugene Chudakov, Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann
We reviewed notes from last week's conference call with Hamamatsu representatives.
- Mark spoke with Werner Boeglin by phone earlier in the week. Werner had reviewed the notes from the meeting and did not have any issues with the general direction we agreed on. He mentioned that the 4-device configuration with no light guide would probably do no worse than an arrangement with more complete coverage requiring a light guide. He also endorsed Carl Zorn's suggestion that we use 100 micron pixels for this application.
- We discussed generally the geometry and associated considerations. If four devices are used and they are placed on a 4 mm pitch, then the center of the inner edge of the counters sits at 76.1 mm for 30-fold azimuthal segmentation. Other arrangements discussed were varying the number of SiPM devices, the number of counters, leaving room for some kind of vertex detection, etc.
- Mark discussed the project briefly with Fernando Barbosa a few days ago. Fernando has requested a schedule for the the project. He also mentioned that right now his highest priority is the SiPM read-out for the pair spectrometer. He will start on the start counter design after that.
Review of Minutes from the Previous Meeting
We reviewed minutes from the December 15th meeting.
- Earlier, Werner mentioned on the phone that one of the companies [which one?] identified to shape the scintillator had received the samples he sent to them.
- We agreed that a lot had been learned about how to proceed with SiPM read-out since last time.