GlueX Start Counter Meeting, January 9, 2014
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, January 9, 2014
10 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Counter Construction Status
- Support Structure Construction Status
- Electronics Status
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 1833622#
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the Hall D code: 1833622
- Fill in the participant registration form.
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2014-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2014-1Q/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Eric Pooser
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann
- All 50 scintillators have been shipped to McNeal on December 16. They have arrived, but status of work is unknown at this point. Eric has been trying to get some information on that.
- The assembly jig design is progressing.
- They are deciding how to cut the holes in the acrylic and tap them. There is also discussion about where this machining work should be done, in-house at FIU or contracted out.
- Nitrogen gas and valves for the gas system have been purchased. Pneumatic cylinders are still to be ordered.
- Two undergraduate students are doing practice runs for testing scintillators.
- The database for tracking the counters is being set-up.
- One of the students is working on the templates for wrapping the aluminum around the counters. He is 90% complete; he is on a second draft of the scheme now. They plan to do some practice on this step as well.
- At JLab, the foam for the support has been ordered. It should be in February 3. Casey at the machine shop told Chuck that he can do the machining here.
- The new mandrill for laying up the carbon fiber inner support has come in. We are still planning on three layers of the fiber sheets.
Fernando mentioned yesterday that work on the start counter boards is on hold while Nick is on other projects. There is no known difficulty with assembly.
We tentatively settled on the week of March 10 for the review. It will likely be held remotely, i. e., JLab folks will not travel to Miami.