GlueX Start Counter Meeting, May 2, 2013
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, May 2, 2013
10 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Construction Status
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 1833622#
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the Hall D code: 1833622
- Fill in the participant registration form.
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2013-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2013-2Q/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Eric Pooser
- JLab: Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann
Eric reports that the test stand design is done and is in the hands of the machinist at FIU. A detailed technical note was written in the process of specification of the work.
Eric told us that machining has not started at McNeal. There was a glitch in the procurement process. The contract does call for completion of the work three weeks APO. The hold-up should be resolved soon.
At yesterday's GlueX meeting, Fernando reported that the final SiPM read-out board design is complete and that a PR is being written for construction of the boards. He estimated that they might start coming in sometime in May.
We discussed control of the SiPM bias voltage. There are lines for each scintillator (a group of four SiPMs) controlled directly and individually from a stand-alone power supply under EPICS control. The four SiPMs will have to be matched to accept similar voltages. So each ST-2 board has three bias voltage lines on it one for each scintillator serviced.
Eric will turn his attention to this next. He and Chuck agreed to exchange drawings as that process goes forward.
The technical proposal evaluation was submitted yesterday. Also terms and conditions from FIU were received. Legal at JLab has reviewed the suggested changes and agrees to them. We are now awaiting award.
We agreed to discuss the document at the next meeting.