GlueX Start Counter Meeting, November 14, 2013
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, November 14, 2013
10 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Construction Status
- Electronics Status
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 1833622#
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the Hall D code: 1833622
- Fill in the participant registration form.
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2013-4Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2013-4Q/ .
- FIU: Eric Pooser
- JLab: Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair)
We had a very brief meeting. We discussed the following points:
- Tim Whitlatch has called a meeting on start counter mechanical design for Monday at 2 pm. Mark will send FIU information for dialing into the meeting.
- FIU has decided to go with food-grade aluminum foil to wrap the counters. The thickness is 16.5 μm. Other sources have higher prices, require purchase of large quantities, and offer comparable thicknesses.
- Tom Carstens has started working on forming the carbon fiber inner support on the mandrill. His studies will set the inner diameter of the foam piece.
- Tim is looking into having the foam machined on site. They have experience working with Rohacell.