GlueX Start Counter Meeting, November 2, 2017
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, November 2, 2017
11:30 am EDT
CEBAF Center, Room F326/327
- Review minutes from the last meeting
- Calibration and Efficiency
- Time-dependent geometry adjustments
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans Meeting ID is 556 286 544 .
- Connect to the Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2017 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2017/ .
- FIU : Mahmoud Kamel
- JLab : Thomas Britton, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor
The start counter and target have been pushed into the bore and all channels count on the discriminator scalers.
Review minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from September 21 without significant comment.
Calibration and Efficiency
Mahmoud reported on a couple of items.
- He has performed a "piece-wise" fit of time resolution as a function of z to be used in smearing. Results have been sent to Sean Dobbs.
- He has also done further work on the comparison of efficiency between simulation and data. Those results have also been sent to Sean.
Mahmoud has been working on re-generating plots for the NIM paper using matplotlib. These give the plots a look much more appropriate for publication than the raw ROOT-generated plots. Hopefully he will be done by next week and a draft of the paper can be circulated within the Collaboration.