GlueX Start Counter Meeting, October 17, 2013
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, October 17, 2013
10 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Construction Status
- Electronics Status
- Installation planning
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 1833622#
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the Hall D code: 1833622
- Fill in the participant registration form.
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2013-4Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2013-4Q/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Eric Pooser
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Jarrod Fitzpatrick, Mark Ito (chair), Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann
- Tim told us that the aluminum mandrill for construction of the foam/carbon-fiber support has been made.
- We discussed the geometry of the support structure. FIU needs to finalize design of the construction fixture and there were some questions about the dimensions of the inner foam, carbon fiber reinforcement, and the aluminum support ring (all components used in the actual detector support). Tim will look into getting the latest set of drawings to FIU so that we can continue the discussion.
- The POs to Eljen and McNeal for the scintillator and machining respectively ran into a snag in the FIU procurement process. They should go out next week.
- The test stand is 99% complete. There are a few parts left to put together.
- Eric has been browsing the McMaster catalog for parts for the assembly jig.
- Werner has been thinking about the exact materials for bands holding the counters on the inner foam as well as the related part of the construction procedure; he wants to minimize forces on the scintillator.
- Eric report that Fernando will send down all of the cables FIU will need to test read-out.
- We discussed to utility of doing a complete test of the detector with the final electronics chain for all channels. Although that has been the nominal plan, it may not be the most efficient use of manpower. Beni and Mark will discuss what would be needed and report the the group.
We decided to maintain April 2014 as a target date for installation of the start counter.