GlueX Start Counter Meeting, September 29, 2014
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Monday, September 29, 2014
10:00 am EDT
CEBAF Center, Room F228
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Communication
- 3 Minutes
- 3.1 Work Planning
- 3.1.1 Read out discriminator scalers
- 3.1.2 Establish FADC read-out
- 3.1.3 Establish TDC read-out
- 3.1.4 Read out the start counter with the CDC-cosmic trigger
- 3.1.5 Read out the start counter with a start-counter-energy trigger
- 3.1.6 Read out the start counter as part of the global cosmic trigger
- 3.1.7 Write the online monitoring plug-in
- 3.2 Collaboration Meeting
- 3.3 Future Start Counter Meetings
- 3.1 Work Planning
- The BlueJeans Meeting ID is 556 286 544 .
- Connect to the Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2014-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2014-3Q/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin
- JLab: Mark Ito, Eric Pooser
We meet briefly to review the next set of near term tasks. We discussed the following tasks:
- Read out discriminator scalers
- Establish FADC-250 read-out
- Establish F1-TDC read-out
- Read out the start counter with the CDC-cosmic trigger (i. e., trigger on scintillators above and below the magnet)
- Read out the start counter with a start-counter-energy trigger
- Read out the start counter as part of the global cosmic trigger
- Write the online monitoring plug-in
Read out discriminator scalers
Although the presentation could be fancier, we can display 30 scalar rates to shift-takers.
Establish FADC read-out
Clock trigger data has already been read out. Eric has gone through the exercise of setting pedestal levels. What remains is to see data with pulses. For this we need a trigger (see below).
Establish TDC read-out
Not done at any level. This will also require a trigger.
Read out the start counter with the CDC-cosmic trigger
We will contact Beni to ask whether this can be done and how much work is involved.
Read out the start counter with a start-counter-energy trigger
This requires work from Sascha. We wait for his return. Eric will contact him about this.
Read out the start counter as part of the global cosmic trigger
This was a suggestion from Beni. We will follow up with him about what is involved.
Write the online monitoring plug-in
This is not a front-burner issue given where we are, but can be pursued as a filler task as we wait for service from the experts.
Eric will show Mark his presentation and get suggestions.
Future Start Counter Meetings
Werner raised the issue of how we structure meetings in the future. We decided to table this issue until after the start of commissioning.