GlueX TOF Meeting, April 10, 2019
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F226
BlueJeans: 350 531 998
- Review of minutes from the last meeting
- Upgrade Plan
- NIM Paper (Paul)
- Action Item Recap
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2019 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2019/ .
- FSU: Paul Eugenio
- JLab: Thomas Britton, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from March 27. Beni and Ashley Ernst will visit the Hall to confirm that there are sufficient spare channels on the current electronics to accommodate the upgrade.
- We are just about to order scintillator material from Eljen. Paul obtained a quote. This time Eljen is saying that they cannot hold a 5 mil tolerances on the cast surfaces; we don't need that level of precision on that dimension in any case. Paul has revised the specifications we used for TOF I and sent them to Mark. Eljen says they are not too busy right now.
- We are also ready to order acrylic rods for the light guides. Paul has located a vendor.
- We need to get going on these procurements as soon as possible.
- Paul showed a sample light guide (see the beginning of chapter 2 of the recording, linked above). Making it exposed tooling needs for production. Paul is collecting the existing tooling and clearing space for construction and storage at FSU.