GlueX TOF Meeting, May 2, 2017

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
11:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326/327


  1. Announcements
  2. Review of minutes from the previous meeting
  3. Calibration Status
  4. Active Dividers
  5. Counter reconfiguration
  6. NIM Paper (Paul)
  7. Action Item Recap



Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2017 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at .



  • FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov
  • JLab: Thomas Britton, Eugene Chudakov, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann

There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials.


Brad Cannon will be giving the TOF report at the upcoming collaboration meeting.

NIM Paper

When finals are over at FSU, Paul will make production of the NIM paper a priority.

Review of minutes from the previous meeting

We reviewed the minutes from April 18.

  • CAEN ADC. Chris Stanislav could not find the ADC in his lab. He is checking other locations.
  • Lucite Shield Study. Thomas notes that there has been progress in the comparison, in other contexts, of HDGeant vs. HDGeant4. He will re-try his comparison for the Lucite shield simulation. He remarked that the comparison effort could use more people power. Beni mentioned that even with HDGeant, the simulated detector response was never studied carefully. He also announced that Brad has started looking at efficiencies. Thomas will meet with Brad and plan a study of simulated detector response, along with the HDGeant/HDGeant comparison.


Beni has been hampered by farm jobs timing out after 72 hours of walltime. They should be complete before that. He is trying to get finer-grained (time-wise) calibrations for runs beyond about 30800. He thinks he has found a way to get the farm to cooperate. If so, the calibrations should be done in about a week.

Active Dividers

Beni reports that the spare counter is still mounted on the TOF. He will talk to Tom about moving it to the ESB.

Vladimir Popov gave Beni board with 6 LEDs. Beni wants to collect light from the device in a fiber and insert light into the test counter. This will allow tests at high rate. He plans to use a scope-as-DAQ to collect the data.

Counter Reconfiguration

We could not discuss this seriously without Paul, but we agreed we need to start discussion soon because of the long lead time and detector down time required.