GlueX TOF Meeting, September 2, 2014
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
11:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/7
- Collaboration Meeting
- Review of August 26 Meeting
- Calibration Update (Sasha)
- Review of Action Items from this Meeting (if any).
- The BlueJeans Meeting number is 350 531 998.
- Enter BlueJeans Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2014-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2014-3Q/ .
- FSU: Hussein Al Ghoul, Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann
We looked at the agenda for the upcoming Collaboration Meeting. The PID session is at 2:00 pm, Friday, October 3. FSU is discussing plans on who will present what. Beni suggested that some time should be devoted to how beam time should be used during the commissioning run.
Review of August 26 Meeting
We looked at the minutes from the last meeting.
- The issue with lack of TDC hit efficiency is still under study.
- Sasha tried to take data this past weekend without success. He did get VNC going to the Counting House, but it was still slow.
- Beni pointed us to information about which nodes to use in the Counting House. There is a lot of useful information there for online data taking.
- Aristeidis continues work on the event display. He is working on getting "TOF point" information from JANA rather than from his custom class. He is noticing that the JANA info has x and y coordinates, but never both as he would like.
- Beni cautioned us that we need to check out ROOTSpy from the Hall D Subversion repository, not the the 12-GeV repository. The version on the latter will not work for Hall-D-related stuff right now.
Sasha has coded his algorithm for iteratively throwing away problematic tracks and in the the debugging process now.
- Check-in alpha version of the TOF event display. (Aristeidis)
- Take more data. (Sasha)
- Debug time calibration program. (Sasha)