HDGeant4 Meeting, August 14, 2018
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
JLab: CEBAF Center, A110
- Review of notes from last time
- New HDGeant4 tagged release
- Comparison post FDC fix(es)
- Issues on GitHub (all)
- FSU: Sean Dobbs
- JLab: Thomas Britton, Mark Ito (chair), Justin Stevens, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- UConn: Richard Jones
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials.
Review of notes from last time
- Notes were reviewed.
New HDGeant4 tagged release. This one has Richard's FDC fixes.
Comparison post FDC fix(es)
Thomas showed distribution after fixing. See page 17 of the files posted here.
- First attempt at comparison had problems with wrong tagged version of HDGeant4 and a mis-set JANA_CALIB_CONTEXT.
- Protons at 4 GeV/c at 15 degrees polar angle look much, much better.
- Still a problem with protons at 4 GeV/c at 4 degrees.
- FOM distributions on page 23 and 24 are very different.
- Will repeat turning off mult. scattering, energy loss fluctuations, position resolution smearing.
- [added in press] the control file for this comparison can be found at Gcontrol_pure.in.
- Time-to-distance relation (TTDR) between Monte Carlo (MC) and MC reconstruction not consistent.
- Simon will look at using same TTDR as used for data in both MC and MC reconstruction.
We reviewed the issues on GitHub.
- Geometric overlaps still on the list.
- Thomas will mark the FDC issue resolved and/or start a new FDC issue as appropriate.
Next Generation of Signal MC
We will wait for further study of FDC issue and adoption of consistent TTDR before starting a new round of Signal MC.