Hall D Interim Communications meeting 16-Jul-2009 2pm
Present: Rebecca Yasky, Bryan Hess, Andy Kowalski, Dawn McGinnis, Dianne Napier, Tim Whitlach, Elliott Wolin
Notes by Elliott Wolin.
- Hall D should be ready-for-equipment (RFE) in Aug 2010.
- The counting house should be ready after Oct-2011.
- RFE means the area is still a construction site.
- Initially power from temporary feeds will be available in the hall. A/C and other utilities will appear over the next year or so.
- In Jun or Jul-2010 we will place an office trailer south of Hall D near the truck ramp
- The office trailer will get power from temporary feeds, and will have A/C.
- Between Aug-2010 and Oct-2011 we expect max 12 people will be in the trailer or hall at any one time.
- The trailer will need a few phones and ethernet connectivity to the JLab network.
- The hall will need a few phones and wireless ethernet capability.
- Cell phones may work in the hall, no guarantees.
- The CC will come up with a plan to get telecom (phone,ethernet) to the trailer and hall.
- Likely scenario involves running fiber on poles directly east from an accelerator service building to trailer, then to the hall.
- CC usually uses outside contractors to install telecom fibers/cables.
- A good wireless transceiver location might be high up in the hall near a crane access platform.
- Probably only one transceiver is needed during the interim period.
- No interim telecom needed for the Tagger Hall since permanent telecom will be available shortly after the Tagger Hall is ready.
- CC needs to work out strategy for getting interim telecom to trailer and hall by Aug 2010, including cost estimates.
- Dianne will check with Rusty concerning existing trailers Hall D might use.
- Hall D needs to arrange for placing trailer and getting power to it by Jul-2010.
- Hall D and the CC have to figure out how to pay for interim communications.