JEF meeting, April 14, 2017
Meeting time and location= 11:00 EST (JLab time) CC-f228=Connection instructions=
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Hybrid calorimeter simulation update
Attendees: Liping G., Sascha S., S.T.
- Liping is working with Sean T. and Emilie P. on an article for Physics Reports that they plan to submit to arxiv in the beginning of May; we can use this to bolster the physics case of the proposal.
- S.T. has turned on the EM background in the Hybrid simulation and tuned the beam parameters to be closer to the expected high luminosity GlueX phase; simulated events for π0π0 and η→3π0 are being produced right now but the production rate is slow. He is also working on tuning the double π0 cut for the π0γγ channel.
- Sascha has been trying to process selected PYTHIA background events through the farm but many of his jobs are still pending. He is using the CentOS6 nodes; he plans to switch to the CentOS7 nodes.