JEF meeting, April 21, 2017
Meeting time and location= 11:00 EST (JLab time) CC-f228=Connection instructions=
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Hybrid calorimeter simulation update
- Proposal draft
Attendees: Liping G., Sascha S., Zisis P., S.T.
- S.T. started working on a draft of the proposal as a latex document. Liping is working on the theory section.
- Sascha has generated a large sample of background events using bggen with an incident photon beam in the range 8-12 GeV and the coherent peak at 9 GeV. Most of the bggen events would not produce a background in the η→π0γγ channel, so he filters these events before passing them through geant. He stops the photons in the final state as they enter the FCAL and applies Ilya's simulation of the response. He then uses the island algorithm for the reconstruction. The initial estimate for the signal/background ratio for these background processes is only about 2:1. He is studying the effect of raising the threshold in the FCAL from 100 MeV to 300 MeV.