JEF meeting, April 28, 2017
Meeting time and location= 11:00 EST (JLab time) CC-f228
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 184.108.40.206 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Hybrid calorimeter simulation update
- Proposal draft
Attendees: Liping G., Sascha S., S.T.
- Liping is working on the introduction and the physics update for the proposal. We will only be focussing on our responses to the PAC's questions.
- Sascha presented his latest simulation results. We decreased the size of the insert from 1.2x1.2 m^2 to 1x1 m^2 but increased the beam energy range and therefore the flux by about a factor of 2 relative to the original proposal, so we anticipate a similar yield of π0γγ events. The signal/background ratio depends on how many photons are detected in the insert. The sweet spot seems to be when at least 3 of the 4 are in the insert. The efficiency is quite low (<2%) if we require all photons be in the insert.