JEF meeting, March 24, 2017
eeting time and location= 11:00 EST (JLab time) CC-f228=Connection instructions=
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 18.104.22.168 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Hybrid calorimeter simulation update
- (ST) I modified the simulation to mimic what GlueX at 5x10^7 might look like. 100,000 events were thrown. I assumed that the tagger hodoscope channels below 6 GeV would be turned off and the electron beam current would be 1.1 micro-Amps. The size of the insert is now 51x51 (instead of 59x59). The threshold for FCAL showers is 100 MeV; for BCAL showers it is 30 MeV. Any events with a shower with a peak position inside the inner "ring" of blocks (x<7.26 cm and y<7.26 cm) were vetoed. The plots below show the measured 4gamma mass distribution after a 0.01 |MM^2| cut with no other requirements on the showers (left), with a veto on BCAL showers (middle), and insert-only (right). Tagger accidentals were included and subtracted.
Cut | Nominal | FCAL | Insert
With MM^2 cut 22555 10533 1337
CL>0.001 20995 9782 1232