JEF meeting, Nov 9, 2015
Meeting time and location= 13:30 EST (JLab time) CC F326-327=Connection instructions=
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
Attendees: Sascha S., Mahmoud K., Liping G., Simon T.
- We discussed the plan to test shielding of the PMTs (for readout of the calorimeter crystals) from the remnants of the fringe field from the solenoid at the position of the FCAL.
- We have identified a potential magnet (Helmholtz coil) to use for this test, but it is currently being used by students.
- Chris and Nick have provided a setup for the test; we also have HV available.
- We have two dividers, one of which appears to have low gain.
- Still need to get Hall probe
- Tim W. has identified space on the platform about 2 m downstream of the front face of the FCAL for a CompCal prototype.
- Prototype will be 10x10 Lead Tungstate crystals.
- We will need XY-translation for the array.
- L.G. looking into conceptual design for prototype; goal is to submit to NSF for some of the funding, rest from JLab?
- A. Sitnikov, V. Popov may be available to help out with electronics.
- Crystal length still needs to be nailed down.
- S.S. and S.T. are working on simulations; need to understand efficiencies.