JEF meeting Apr 6, 2015
Meeting time and location= 13:30 EST (JLab time) CC F326-327
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Summer project discussion (all)
Attendees: ST, Dipangkar Dutta, Liping Gan, Paul King, Dave Mack, Julie Roche, Sascha Somov, Justin Stevens
- Julie Roche has one, possibly two students available to work on the JEF project during the summer months. We spent most of the meeting discussing potential projects for them.
- The students will be able to start ~end of May
- Dave Mack suggested a survey of reactions with multi-photon final states using the Data Challenge 2 simulations much like the study Ryan Mitchell did for reactions containing charged particles. This will help us understand some of the backgrounds to our neutral signal channels. Justin mentioned that we could probably provide a root tree to make it easier for new people to get involved.
- Commissioning data from the Fall is also available, but this still needs calibration work. If we get data in the Spring, before it is in a reasonable shape for a new person to get involved it may be too late -- we anticipate mid-summer before reasonable calibrations will be applied.
- We still need to understand the efficiency for reconstructing η→π+π-π0 events, which seems to be lower than back-of-the-envelope estimates. The π0γγ and 3γ signal channels need more simulation work.