JEF meeting Jan 26, 2015
Meeting time and location= 13:30 EST (JLab time) CC F326-327
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 126.96.36.199 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Task list updates?
- Update on pi+pi- studies (Dave M.)
Attendees: Liping Gan, Dave Mack, Sascha Somov, Justin Stevens, Simon Taylor
- Dave Mack presented comparisons between a toy MC for the reaction γ p → p ρ, ρ→π+π-; (and continuum π+π- events) and histograms created by Justin Stevens from the Fall Commissioning Run data
- The recoil proton was not reconstructed. A proton band is seen in missing mass: Dave's toy MC mimics the behaviour of the data well for signal events where the correct photon in the tagger is measured.
- Inclusion of continuum π+π- accounts for the grass above and below the rho peak for missing mass consistent with a proton.
- The data is dominated by a large bump at low two-pi mass and high missing mass
- ρ events from photons below the range of the tagger can only account for some of this enhancement
- Dave can account for most of the enhancement by adding continuum 2-pion events; JS pointed out that multi-prong events (5 pions, etc) could account for some of this as well.
- Cutting on the energy of the 2-pion pair cleans up the data considerably.