JEF meeting Jul 13, 2015
Meeting time and location= 13:30 EST (JLab time) CC F326-327=Connection instructions=
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 18.104.22.168 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Task list updates
- η→3γ [Dave]
- Size of PWO Insertion in FCAL-II; [Liping]
- Tulin's talk at Patras Workshop
Attendees: D. Dutta, L. Gan, M. Kamel, B. Karki, D. Mack, J. Roche, A. Somov, I. Strakovsky, S. Taylor, J. Stevens
- Ilya has obtained the hybrid version of simulation/reconstruction code and will work on implementing the island code in this context. Next step is to make a factory for reconstruction of FCALI/II hits using reconstruction algorithm.
- Web page with some details about Ilya's code
- L. Gan gave a brief update about the insert.
- A 60x60 cm^2 insert as a starting point appears to already part of the plan (radiation hardness)
- Liping looked at effect of background for hybrid in the η→π0γγ channel due to η→3π0 as a function of insert size.
- Eγ=9-11.7 GeV; 3σ cuts for invariant mass and ΔE; parametrized position resolutions for lead glass and lead tungstate
- FOM=S/sqrt(B) increases with insert size: 120x120 cm^2 is about 2.5 times better than 60x60 cm^2
- Liping reported that Eugene talked to Rolf regarding a small-scale (20 crystal) prototype.
- Hall C has already purchased several crystals -- arrange to share?
- Length has not been optimized yet (Primex length 18 cm vs 20 cm for Hall C; may need to make the face larger than Hall C's 2x2 cm^2 to accommodate shielding for PMT).
- Sasha contacted Hamamatsu about PMTs -- no word yet?
- DM suggested should get engineer to simulate magnetic shielding for expected conditions for insert
- Calorimeter could in principle be moved further downstream...
- Dave showed some slides regarding the impact of η(')→3γ based on some early work by Tarasov.
- Probe C-violating/Parity conserving amplitudes.
- Ratio of BR(3γ)/BR(2γ) depends on (unknown) loop mass -- if loop mass ~ m_π, a tight constraint can be obtained; if loop mass ~ m_ρ (for example) this decay is not interesting...
- Should ask theorists to revisit η→3γ
- Liping highlighted some slides from one of Tulin's workshop presentations on astrophysics.
- Self-interacting dark matter may resolve some astrophysical discrepancies associated with cold collision-less dark matter -- may have implications for our B-boson search?