JEF meeting Nov 3, 2014
Meeting time and location
13:30 EST (JLab time) CC F326-327
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 126.96.36.199 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
Attendees: ST, Dave Mack, Justin Stevens, Jing Feng
- ST contacted Bill Briscoe (GWU) -- they are interested, will get back to us regarding task list
- JS: MIT group is looking into rates and efficiencies for η→3π and η'→ηππ, including events that have additional pions.
- DM: if we expand the beam photon energy range below the coherent peak, the cross section increases and we may be able to use photons in the BCAL to increase the yield of η→π+π-π0 events. However, we do not have complete coverage in the tagger below 8 GeV (for 12 GeV electron beam).
- Mike Williams (MIT) will be attending the upcoming meeting at UMass (follow-up to meeting in March)
- DM mentioned that η' decays also provide a window into dark matter physics via η'→γB, B→π+π-π0. There is also interest in "invisible" or "partially visible" decays whereby the B decays to particles that are not detectable in the GlueX apparatus.
- DM gave a report regarding his recent trip to China. See his slides for more information.
- DM: if we find out that we lose a significant amount of decay photons through the hole in the acceptance near the beam line, we could consider adding another calorimeter downstream of FCAL.
- DM brought up the issue of accidentals in the tagger hodoscope/microscope. The significance of this as a function of luminosity needs to be studied.
- DM has been in contact with the William and Mary group -- maybe some involvement (student(s)?) in the future? Funding for GlueX/HallD involvement not listed in their grant proposal right now...