July 2, 2012 (11:30AM), Physics Working Group
Meeting Time and Place
Monday July 2, 2012 at 11:30pm At Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be held in F326
To connect from the outside, please use ESNET
- ) ESNET: 8542553
- ) Phone connection: 866-740-1260, code 3421244
- Updates on reconstruction?
- Defining the data challenge? (Curtis)
- Amplitude Analysis of b1pi: revised π0 recon. and kinematic fit approach (Igor)
- Cascade Simulations (Nathan)
- Updates on the Rare Eta decays studies? (Sascha or Liping)
- Updates on reconstruction:
- Tracking (Simon): more b1pi diagnostic plots have been added, converting to one coordinate system for reported tracks (central parametrization)
- Calorimetry (Will): improved BCAL smearing in mcsmear, photon vertex is now at the center of the target by default
- Particle ID (Paul): working on kinematic fitting, writing reaction-independent analysis software
- Data challenge (Curtis):
- continue to iterate on the list of primary goals
- b1pi Reconstruction (Igor):
- isolating omega pi pi events in pythia
- omega peak currently is about 1:1 for signal:background
- could implement timing cut on photons
- would be helpful to break down the background into separate exclusive channels
- Rare eta decays (Liping and Sascha):
- Physics -- august workshop at jlab with several talks on rare eta decays, communicating with theorists to understand physics motivation
- Detector -- organizing meetings to discuss the detector design. Chinese collaborators?
- Simulation -- still deciding on simulation strategy.
- add a hybrid calorimeter to hdgeant and write reconstruction?
- add eta pi0 simulations?