June 14, 2016, Analysis Working Group
Meeting Time and Place
The meeting will be on Tuesday June 14, 2016 at 1:30 pm EDT. For those people at Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be in room A110.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/115815824.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 126.96.36.199 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 115815824.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 115815824.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
- REST Production Status:
- First run block: 11347-11555
- Launch summary: 6503 jobs (130 TB EVIO), only 4 crashed, 22 plugins, 14 threads, ~6hrs each, ~7 GB RAM, ~6 days, up to ~500 jobs at once
- Outputs: REST: ~13.5TB, Skims: ~360GB, Trees: ~130GB, Hists: ~90GB
- First run block: 11347-11555
- REST Production Preparations:
- Reconstruction Studies:
- CDC Efficiency: Mike
- FDC Efficiency: Alex A.
- BCAL Hadronic Energy & Efficiency: Elton
- BCAL Neutral Energy & Efficiency: Will
- FCAL Hadronic Energy & Efficiency: Matt
- FCAL Neutral Energy & Efficiency: Jon
- SC Efficiency: Mahmoud
- TOF Efficiency: Beni
- Tracking Resolution & Efficiency: Paul, Simon
- Other Studies:
- Triggering Efficiency: Alex S., Justin, Elton
- Beam Polarization: Justin, Nathan
- Flux: Justin
- Attendance: Alyssa, Tegan, Brad, Mike S., Will, George, Matt Shepherd, Mike Dugger, Naomi, Sean, Eugene, Alex A., Alex B., Alex S., Adesh, Jane, Mark Ito, Simon, Mark Dalton, Nathan
- Launch Status:
- Almost done (5 jobs remain). See the agenda above for details.
- Calibration Status:
- TAGH calib: Some runs need to be fixed (bad offsets), should be done by end of today. Ditto for timewalks.
- TAGM calib: Everything is ready, save for the discussion in "Changes to sim-recon" below.
- PS calib: Nathan calibrated timing offsets, is ready to go.
- CDC time-to-distance: Mike will check in constants by end of day.
- FCAL gains: Done tweaking non-linear constants, need to be checked into CCDB. However, won't be included in the launch. See discussion in "Changes to sim-recon" below.
- Batch 2 Readiness Status:
- We should be ready to launch batch 2, runs 11556 - 11678, sometime in the next 24 hours.
- Changes to sim-recon:
- Adesh originally hard-coded his non-linear corrections to the FCAL shower energies in sim-recon. He needs to modify sim-recon to remove these, and to put them into the CCDB. We won't modify sim-recon for the launch though: it will remain constant. Instead, the updated non-linear corrections will not be applied to the next batch of runs: only the initial corrections. However, the difference between these is largely unnoticeable.
- Alex Barnes needs to modify sim-recon, because there is a problem with the reconstruction for the counters in which all rows are read out: If all 5 rows are hit, it creates 6 separate DBeamPhotons: One with the sum, and one for each row. This results in extra background, which is generally out-of-time, so we decided to continue the launch with the software as-is. Alex is checking in a fix that will appear in the next launch.
- The third block of runs to launch will be: 10331 - 10913. We will discuss readiness for these runs during the calibration meeting tomorrow.
- Reconstruction/etc. studies: Expect summary updates from detector groups over the course of the summer.