June 20, 2012 Tracking CDC/FDC
Meeting Time and Place
Wednesday June 20, 2012 at 11:00am At Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be held in F326
To connect from the outside, please use ESNET
- ) ESNET: 8542553
- )To connect by telephone, dial:
- You can look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call)
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
- FDC Update
- CDC Update
- Construction Update
- Cosmic Calibration of the Chamber
- TDR Update
Tracking Software Agenda
Participants: Naomi, Beni, Simon, Lubomir, Tim, Mark
- Announcements: Curtis is in Italy.
- FDC Update
- Continue with the stacking of the fourth package. The last three cells will be installed by the end of the week.
- Testing first production wire frames, that will be spares. First one can't be used, have to build a new one. The second one was fixed (a spot from a chemical was removed) but still showing high current. For these frames we used Epolite (epoxy) that is highly susceptible to humidity, so we hope after flushing with gas the frame will work.
- Working on pre-amp assignment to the electronics. The cards with highest rates at the center of the chambers are combined with those at the periphery to equalize the loads on the modules.
- Data taken with a 55Fe source and fADC125 using a strip for triggering show no long tails after the main pulse; this must be a feature only of the CDC detector/pre-amps.
- CDC Update
- A visual check is made by the technician who did not solder the board, looking at pin to pad matching and soldering and that the conductive rubber completely covers the crimp pin. A gentle wiggle-test is also done to make sure that the soldering to the board is sound. These checks are repeated later by Gary or Naomi.
- The completed boards are tested by applying 1500V to a temporarily inserted HVB. Most boards have shown near-zero current. A few boards have drawn small current (few tens of nA) and this has reduced to near-zero after leaving the voltage on the board for a while (30 mins to a few hours).
- Cabling: Beni said that Fernando was happy with the cable plan supplied so far, he needs to think more about how to assign the HVBs to the fADCs, maybe interleave each higher-rate board from the inner rows between 2 lower-rate boards from the outermost.
Tracking Software Minutes
Participants: Naomi, Paul, Beni, Simon, Lubomir, Tim, Mark, Dave
- Meeting Adjourned.