June 23, 2008 Calorimetry
- The meeting will be held at 10:30 am ET
- +1-800-377-8846 : US
- +1-888-276-7715 : Canada
- +1-302-709-8424 : International
- then enter participant code: 39527048# (remember the "#")
- Preparations for Lehman Review
- Reconstruction work
- Alternative readout
- Detailed schedule and plans for Construction
- Review of Action-Item Tracker for Calorimetry
- Any other business
Participants: Beni, Elke, Matt, Mihajlo, Zisis, Andrei
- Flash ADC integration procedure (see PPT file above); includes proposed algorithm to do timing determination. Crate and CPU arrive this afternoon from Gerard, and IU will start testing with multi-channel Flash ADC.
- SiPM questions coming from Elke.Concerns on consistency among Regina reports. Technical note coming from Regina on pedestal issue: positive overshoot of signal causes shift. All these are needed for Lehman pre-brief material. Andrei will prepare material and send to Elke and discuss it.
- Construction schedule report will be sent by Zisis to Elke later today. Educated guesses on transportation times are included at this stage. UofR administrators are pursuing quotes from shipping companies. Supply Management Services has been notify to get Canada export paperwork dusted off.
- Alternative readout cost accounting: Hamamatsu fine mesh 1-inch PMTs with complete assembly are $1600/unit (for 500-1000 units), 1.5-inch PMTs for outer layers cost $2050/unit. Once the reduced no of channels (electronics) is corrected for the total price increases only by $360k. So, if we show no significant physics penalty by going to 3x3 segmentation (vs 4x6) we are ok pricewise. Issues to study: tradeoff between PDE and nose for mesh ones, and other simulations by Elton.
- Zisis and Elke will work on the SensL agenda for the June 30 teleconference.
- No need to review Action Tracker today.