Mattione Update 06012011
- Generated and analyzed 10000 X(2000) -> b1π-; events following the instructions here.
- Run using the latest build from this morning (contains fixes by David Lawrence on how the track vertexes are used to reconstruct events).
- Decay chain:
gamma p -> p X(2000)0 | |-> b1(1235)+ π- | |-> ω π+ | |-> ρ0 π0 | |-> γ γ | |-> π+ π-
- X(2000)0: The combination of tracks yielding a mass closest to the X(2000)0.
- 10000 generated events: ~63% reconstruction efficiency, was ~52% on the original b1pi wiki page.
- However, very significant high-mass tail.
- π0: The combination of tracks yielding a mass closest to the π0.
- Significantly worse resolution than originally: may now be more realistic, because reconstructed vertex is now used instead of the center of the target.
- π0: Original version on the original b1pi wiki page:
Other Particle Masses
# Generated events = 10000 # Events with 2+ photons = 9669 # Events with 2+ π+'s = 7749 # Events with 2+ π-'s = 8248 # Events with 2+ protons = 1040 (should only be 1 !!) # Events with enough tracks for the X (2+ photons, 2+ π+'s, 2+ π-'s) = 6259
- # Photons per Event
- # π+'s per Event
- # π-'s per Event
- # Protons per Event
- γ's were reconstructed with p & E = 0 until a fix by David Lawrence this morning.
- For each of the reconstructed photons that were matched with generated photons, Δp (reconstructed - generated) vs reconstructed p: