May 24, 2017, Production & Analysis Working Group
- 1 Meeting Time and Place
- 2 Meeting Connections
- 3 Reconstruction & Analysis Studies Status
- 4 Agenda
- 5 This Week's Topics
- 6 Upcoming Study Schedule
- 7 Minutes
Meeting Time and Place
The meeting will be on Wednesday May 24, 2017 at 2:00 pm EDT. For those people at Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be in room F326.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/115815824.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 188.8.131.52 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 115815824.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 115815824.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Reconstruction & Analysis Studies Status
- Data Production
- Analysis Focus
- This Week's Studies
- Any other studies
- Upcoming Study Schedule
This Week's Topics
- Talks: Summary/overviews only. Detailed discussions should be held in the appropriate working groups.
- Talks should be limited to 10 + 5 minutes.
- Monitoring Update --- Thomas Britton
- Calibration Update --- Sean Dobbs
- Status of the last Spring 2016 production launch
- Preparing for the first Spring 2017 production launch
- Processing Update --- Alex Austregesilo
Analysis Focus: Total Cross Sections
- J/Ψ, φ --- Lubomir
- η, ρ, ω, φ --- Simon
- φ --- Thomas
- ω --- Christiano
- Any others?
Updates on experiment, simulation, and the comparison between the two.
- Track / Hit Matching: BCAL, FCAL, TOF, SC --- Paul Mattione, Simon
- Efficiencies: TOF, SC --- Beni, Mahmoud
- Means & Resolutions (time, energy, dE/dx): Tracking, BCAL, FCAL, SC, TOF
- Uncertainties: PID (BCAL, FCAL, TOF, dE/dx), Kinfit (BCAL, FCAL, tracking)
- Channel/Analysis Studies: Branching ratios, cross sections, SDMEs, beam asymmetries
- Other reconstruction/analysis issues
Data Production Milestones
- Mon. May 14 - Fri. May 19 - Finalize calibrations/software for 2017 data. Run final tests.
- Mon. May 21 - Start production of 2017 data.
- Two groups: low-rate and high-rate data.
Upcoming Study Schedule
- Updates on experiment, simulation, and the comparison between the two.
- Summary/overviews only. Detailed discussions should be held in the appropriate working groups.
- All talks should be limited to 10 + 5 minutes.
Next Week: Beamline & Triggering
- Flux --- Justin
- Beam energy --- Beamline Group
- Polarization (TPOL & lineshape) --- Beamline Group
- Beam Asymmetries --- Alex Austregesilo
- Trigger emulation --- Alex Somov
- Triggering efficiency --- Alex Somov
Week after next: Studies: Hit Efficiencies (i.e. Is the detector working?) Updates on experiment, simulation, and the comparison between the two.
- CDC Hit Efficiencies --- Naomi Jarvis
- FDC Hit Efficiencies --- Alex Austregesilo
- BCAL Hit Efficiencies --- Elton Smith
- FCAL Hit Efficiencies --- Jon Zarling
The following week: Alignment & Track/Shower Efficiencies (i.e. Is the reconstruction working?) Updates on experiment, simulation, and the comparison between the two.
- Drift chamber alignment --- Mike Staib
- Tracking Efficiencies --- Paul Mattione
- BCAL Shower Efficiencies --- Elton Smith
- FCAL Shower Efficiencies --- Jon Zarling
- Alex A. reported that the latest 2017 monitoring launch finished a few days ago, and the production of the 2016 "golden period" is well advanced.
- Sean reported that some final TAGM calibrations are being done, and the only other thing left to do is finalizing the CDC calibrations. Another monitoring launch will be needed for this and to test recent updates to BCAL and FCAL calibrations.
- It's possible we could launch 2017 production by the end of next week.
Analysis Focus: Total Cross Sections
- No news since the collaboration meeting.
- Beni: When looking at the distribution of tracks hitting the TOF near the beam line, Beni sees 2x more tracks in a narrow phi range than he does at other phi. He's still trying to understand the source of this effect, but it does not look to be vertex-z dependent.
- Mahmoud is working on finalizing the SC efficiencies, results of which were shown in Sean's Calibration talk at the Collaboration Meeting. Initial comparisons between data and HDGeant4 have been started.
- Alex A. showed ρ beam asymmetries from 2017-01 offmon ver15, the asymmetries are consistent within the large statistical uncertainties, but the polarization angles are stable and consistent with the information in the RCDB.