May 2, 2013 FDC meeting
- Production Construction Tracking
- Third package status
- Spare package
- Installation (Lubomir, Bill)
- FDC installation document
- Practicing at Blue Crab
- Engineering (Bill)
- Cooling system status
- Electronics (Chris, Nick)
- Full electronics tests FDC E-log (Beni)
Participants: Dave, Chris, Nick, Simon, Beni, and Lubomir.
- Third package: Just waiting for the aluminum manifolds to be installed and the package will be ready for testing with the full electronics. The first four manifolds (just for this package) will come on Monday.
- Spare package installation: The first two cells (with wire frames #2 and #3) were installed on Wednesday; Tina helped us since we needed four people. There was some delay due to minor technical difficulties (we haven't worked on the cell installation for quite some time). The gas tightness is OK and the oxygen goes down. The cells will be tested on Friday/Monday/Tuesday depending on the availability of the portable NIM crate + power supply used for the magnet tests.
- The installation part in the document is almost ready, but we are missing the testing part. Beni will work on it, formulating the requirement for the trigger, DAQ, electronics modules that are needed to read six crates, corresponding to one package.
- Once more we discussed what exactly we want to practice and prototype. Important will be to see if the designed strain relief on the cable connectors will be good enough.
- Cooling system test: without Bill there was nothing to say, except that we are waiting for the aluminum manifolds.
- Nick tested again the CAEN HV module that failed at 126, and it was OK, but this is without load. Beni will test it in 126 with a load when we have the package there.
Full electronics tests
- Beni: the fADC125s cannot be used in the moment since the software (CODA libraries and firmware) for their interface with the TI is not ready. Bryan Moffit and Cody are working on this; expect to be ready in a week. Decided to postpone the transportation of the third package to JLab till the end of the next week.
- Beni was able to use the new TI with the CODALight and the old fADC125.