Minutes 1-17-2007

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

FDC Weekly Meeting

Date: January 17, 2007

Participants: Daniel, Tim, Roger, Fernando, Kim, Simon, Brian

Next Meeting: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 @ 10:30 a.m.

Fermilab Trip

 - Brian, Simon, Tim, and DSC will travel to FNAL on 1/25 to meet
   with Karen Kephart to discuss the FDC design and the FNAL
   contribution to the project.
 - Brian, Simon, and DSC will meet on Friday 1/19 at 1:00 p.m. to
   plan our agenda.
 - All drawings from Kim, Roger, Tim, and Chuck are needed no
   later than Wednesday 1/24.

Cathode Mechanical Mockups

 - The first prototype cathode board has been constructed with 3
   blank kapton strips on a Rohacell backing.  A second prototype
   will be made based on lessons learned from the first trial.
 - The first prototype looks remarkably good.
 - We have 6 G10 rings available to make these mockups.  We will
   want to save some rings to make some prototypes with the dummy
   flex boards that will arrive in ~2 weeks.  Brian wants to understand
   how the metal strips affect the construction.
 - Fernando will do some calculations to specify the aluminum thickness
   of our ground planes to ensure that cathode-to-cathode cross talk
   is below the few percent level.
 - DSC will talk to Dennis Skopik about EEL building clean room space
   for FDC work.
 - Brian will talk to Chris Curtis again from the JLab survey group
   about the cathode flatness measurements to be done at JLab or
   farmed out.  We would like these measurements completed by the
   end of this month and certainly no later than the second week of
 - The full-scale tensioning system will be ready in about 1 week.  This
   will be used for the tensioned cathode sandwich design and the
   tensioning of the ground planes.

Visser Visit

 - Gerard Visser of IUCF will be visiting JLab from 1/29 to 2/1 to
   work with Simon on studying the new amplifier/shaper VME board.
   This board will replace the VPI postamp modules that are currently
   in the system.
 - Gerard has sent the module to JLab and it will arrive this week.
   Simon will incorporate it into the FDC electronics and start to
   study the resultant pulse shapes and timing resolution.

Preamplifier Daughter Boards

 - Fernando has essentially finalized the board design.  The final
   size is 2.0 in x 1.5 in.  This is about 500 mils shorter than the
   previous version.
 - We reviewed the design and asked questions.  We also discussed
   the pulser calibration circuit on the daughter board.
 - The LV power for these boards is supplied through the anode STB
 - Kim and Roger will meet with Tim and Chuck early next week to
   pass along information so that Kim can start laying out the
   traces on the STB.  A preliminary design is important to take with
   us to FNAL next week.

Minutes prepared by Daniel. Send any comments or corrections along.