Minutes 5-16-2007

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

FDC Weekly Meeting

Date: May 16, 2007

Participants: Daniel, Simon, Kim, Roger, Chuck, Fernando

Next Meeting: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 @ 1:30 p.m.

Cathode Prototyping

No progress since last week.

New Prototype Cathodes

 - Roger had contact with CCT Marketing who now appear to be worried about
   the safety of etching our cathode boards.  They still have not provided
   an answer as to why the previous boards they made for us worked fine
   but the new boards have shorts.
 - DSC asked Roger to find alternative companies besides CCT that can
   possibly make the new prototype boards for us.

Circuit Boards

 - Roger indicated today that he does not believe that we will be able
   to find a vendor to make our two piece STB and HVTB boards in anything
   other than a two-layer design.
 - Kim reported that she does not believe that we will have enough
   real estate to lay out the boards with a two-layer design.  We discussed
   a bit about good practices in laying out the STB, particularly in the
   area of alternating the signal traces on the top and bottom of the
   boards to increase the physical separation from the caps at HV and the
   signal traces at ~ground.
 - DSC asked that Roger and Kim get together and discuss the two-layer
   option to see if this can work.  If not, we will have to again consider
   a 3 board design where we know that we can get a 4-layer board made.
   The 4-layer design is highly desirable to give us sufficient space to
   lay out the traces, provide ground areas, etc.  If we go back to a
   3 board design, we will have to work to design the size of the boards
   with the HV segmentation in mind.
 - Fernando has provided Kim with the new connector and pin out for the
   STB daughter boards.

FDC CD-2 Document

 - No progress as we are awaiting simulation results.  Simon will contact
   both Richard and Matt to help this process converge so that we can
   get what we need.  The deadline for this document is only 2 weeks away.

Magnetic Field Tests

 - DSC has been in contact with Alex to try to get some detectors for the
   test to define the track position with precision at the location of
   the FDC wire plane.  No news as of yet.
 - DSC talked to Volker regarding permission for the tests.  He said that
   he has not yet had a moment to think about this, but that he will get
   to this soon.

Work List

 - The FDC short-term work list has been posted on the FDC web site
   (see http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/detector/fdc/).  This is continually
   being updated and DSC welcomes any feedback or comments from the group.

Minutes prepared by Daniel. Send any comments or corrections along.