FDC Weekly Meeting
Date: May 16, 2007
Participants: Daniel, Simon, Kim, Roger, Chuck, Fernando
Next Meeting: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 @ 1:30 p.m.
No progress since last week.
New Prototype Cathodes
- Roger had contact with CCT Marketing who now appear to be worried about the safety of etching our cathode boards. They still have not provided an answer as to why the previous boards they made for us worked fine but the new boards have shorts. - DSC asked Roger to find alternative companies besides CCT that can possibly make the new prototype boards for us.
- Roger indicated today that he does not believe that we will be able to find a vendor to make our two piece STB and HVTB boards in anything other than a two-layer design. - Kim reported that she does not believe that we will have enough real estate to lay out the boards with a two-layer design. We discussed a bit about good practices in laying out the STB, particularly in the area of alternating the signal traces on the top and bottom of the boards to increase the physical separation from the caps at HV and the signal traces at ~ground. - DSC asked that Roger and Kim get together and discuss the two-layer option to see if this can work. If not, we will have to again consider a 3 board design where we know that we can get a 4-layer board made. The 4-layer design is highly desirable to give us sufficient space to lay out the traces, provide ground areas, etc. If we go back to a 3 board design, we will have to work to design the size of the boards with the HV segmentation in mind. - Fernando has provided Kim with the new connector and pin out for the STB daughter boards.
FDC CD-2 Document
- No progress as we are awaiting simulation results. Simon will contact both Richard and Matt to help this process converge so that we can get what we need. The deadline for this document is only 2 weeks away.
Magnetic Field Tests
- DSC has been in contact with Alex to try to get some detectors for the test to define the track position with precision at the location of the FDC wire plane. No news as of yet. - DSC talked to Volker regarding permission for the tests. He said that he has not yet had a moment to think about this, but that he will get to this soon.
- The FDC short-term work list has been posted on the FDC web site (see http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/detector/fdc/). This is continually being updated and DSC welcomes any feedback or comments from the group.
Minutes prepared by Daniel. Send any comments or corrections along.