Mixing Simulated Events
Goal: Include beam background and detector noise into simulation by mixing a library of background events with physics events
- Compare simulated beam background with data
- Need some sort of random trigger
- Tried PS triggered data
- Prelim. results: see GlueX_Offline_Meeting,_September_30,_2015
- PS-triggered events complicated, need to look at random triggers to better understand what is happening
- Event merging mechanics
- Update HDDM C++ API so that it can be used for hddm_merge_events
- Implement hit merging after mixing
- Do this in hddm_merge_events?
- mixing with HDDM vs. EVIO formats
- Data is in EVIO format
- Could add class to write out events in hddm::s format, similar to danarest/DEventWriterREST
- Do we only merge full events, or do we mix hits from several events?
- Event library management
- how much disk space per event is used? what is the total disk footprint needed?
- where should event library be stored?
- Mixing random trigger events works when trying to simulate events with the conditions for a given run. What do we do when we want to simulate conditions for which we don't have data yet (e.g. high-intensity running)?
- Keep reminding Somov to implement in- and out-of-time random triggers