Monitoring System Requirements
|Dead/alive or on/off||yes||yes|
|Relative gain check||yes||yes|
|Linearity check||low end (a few times one LED) only||low end (a few times one LED) only|
|Temperature stability||yes, temp sensors in box||temp sensors in areal spread?|
|Tower row flashing||yes, multiplexer||yes, multiplexer|
|Simultaneously flash both ends||no solution yet||no solution yet|
|Location of LEDs input||Boxes at outer edge of each module, fibres||LED+board on light guide, LPCM in rack|
|Geometrical constraints||mechanical/fragility/replacement are serious concerns||none; easy to install|
|R&D done||Some, solution not preferred||Extensive, mature solution exists|
|Cost||Not costed||quotation exists (getting stale)|
- Details: Minutes/notes from December 6, 2010
- Pertinent information and calculations: GlueX-doc-1645.
- Comment: time and temperature stability of system is very important.
- Comment: Option of delivering a range of light intensities important (e.g. using various filter settings). Athens will test stability of LEDs at low output (near threshold) to see if this can be used as an additional check point in our monitoring. Double LED system (one UV and one blue) per light guide will be investigated.
- Comment: LED system could be very useful for the Start Counter.