November 4, 2013, Physics Working Group
Meeting Time and Place
The meeting will be on Monday November 4, 2013 at 11:30am EDT. For those people at Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be in room F326.
To connect from the outside:
Call ESNET Number 8542553 (this is the preferred connection method).
A conference has been booked from 11:00am until 1:00pm (EST).
3.) Phone: (should not be needed)
+1-866-740-1260 : US and Canada +1-303-248-0285 : International then use participant code: 3421244# (the # is needed when using the phone) or www.readytalk.com then type access code 3421244 into "join a meeting" (you need java plugin)
- Software Review, November 25-26, 2013.
- Transition to GEANT4 (Richard Jones)
- Fall Offline Data Challenge: Previous Data Challenge Report
- IU Mini Data Challenge and Hyperon Analyses Kei
- Physics Analyses: Overview
Notes from the Meeting
- Richard estimates that a first GEANT4 release will be available early next year.
- Kei reported on an IU mini data challenge based on 50M bggen events (5000 files); about 5% of the jobs failed. Any hint toward an explanation will be useful for the next large-scale data challenge. The Monte Carlo samples were used to study background of the hyperon channels and the vertex resolution using different constraints in the kinematic fit.