OWG Meeting 21-Oct-2015
Location and Time
Room: CC F326-327
You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 120390084). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):
(if problems, call phone in conference room: 757-269-6460)
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 18.104.22.168 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 120390084.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page https://bluejeans.com/120390084.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 120390084
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
- Cyber Security
- Network Scanning
- Operations Accounts Password
- DAQ system development
- GlueX Performance document
- Beginning of Run (BOR) record
- ROL modifications
- SYNC events
- L3/Event Tagging development
Attendees: David L. (chair), Simon T., Carl T., Vardan, G. , Dave A., Bryan M., Curtis M., Sean D.
- GlueX performance document has section on L1 trigger, but nothing else yet.
- Sergey sent a document to Curtis, but it must have accidentally gotten deleted. Sergey will resend.
- The home directory on gluonfs1 ran out of space today.
- Paul Letta added 200GB to give us some headroom and allow us to delete files (having no space on the device actually prevents us from deleting files)
- Paul also reminded us that with the snapshot system, deleting a file does not immediately free up space since there will still be a hard link to it.
- We may need to enable hard quotas in the accounts on the gluon cluster
- Paul will generate and send a report indicating where the space is being used
- Scan of the network was initially planned for the week after the collaboration meeting
- Cybersecurity group lost one of their three people so remaining two have been swamped. No word on when this will be rescheduled
- Dave A. pointed out that we probably want to have the DAQ system running when the do the full scan so we can determine which components, if any, are affected by it
- Bryan noted that the terminal servers are still used with telnet and part of the scanning procedure calls for starting, but not completing a telnet login. This blocks the port from use by other people trying to connect. There is a way to configure it to accept ssh so we should look into that so that a scan doesn't lock us out of those devices.
DAQ System Development
- Some performance issues were noticed with CODA 3.04 relative to CODA 3.03.
- CODA 3.05
- Dave A. remarked that significant development on some DAQ software components has occurred since CODA 3.04 was released. These make it not worth fixing CODA 3.04 and he'd like to move straight to CODA 3.05. He hopes to have this released sometime next week.
- Features will help facilitate Begin of Run (BOR) records
- Alex was not at the meeting, but has been working on this. He hopes to have something checked in for the ROLs next week some time (according to Sergey).