OWG Meeting 21-Sep-2016
Location and Time
Room: CC F326
You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 120 390 084). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):
(if problems, call phone in conference room: 757-269-6460)
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 126.96.36.199 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 120390084.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page https://bluejeans.com/120390084.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 120390084
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
- Default ROOT6
- Dev. network outage
- Collaboration Meeting
- New firmware installation status
- Busy testing with fADC125
- RAID to silo data flow
Recharge Wednesday: - Not served this week due to Cyber Physical Systems Summit -
Attendees: David L. (chair), Dave A., Graham H., Sean D., Naomi J., Carl T., Sergey F., Beni Z., Simon T., Curtis M., Bryan M.
- ROOT6 is now the default version for hdops. Some performance issues reported. No show stoppers yet.
- Draft agenda is up
- Online section moved to end of meeting to reflect current priorities of collaboration
- Hovanes and Alex S. will be notified of their slots
- Firmware testing still underway
- Word on the street is that Alex S. has a working set of libraries in a private area but it is not yet installed in global area used by hdops
- Street also believes all modules have had their firmware updated
- Busy testing of fADC125 has not been done by Sergey since he is waiting on the DAQ system to become available
- CODA 3.0.6 is ready, but has had only minimal testing due to the DAQ system being unavailable. Default is still CODA 3.0.5
- Will do more CODA 3.0.6 testing when/if we have time prior to starting the FALL run. May need to do this during down times.
- Online monitoring system checkout underway
- Some minor tweaks required with change to ROOT 6
- Overnight run showed memory leak of ~2GB/hr
- Will not be an issue for 2hr runs as planned, but may be if left on much longer (e.g. 6 hr)
- Exhausting memory on farm nodes can cause them to stall in a way that requires a power cycle to recover
- Will check on setting a ulimit to kill the process before this happens
RAID to silo data flow
- Work is ongoing but no significant changes to plan since last meeting