OWG Meeting 26-Aug-2015

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Location and Time

Room: CC F326-327

Time: 1:30pm-2:30pm


You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 120390084). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

(if problems, call phone in conference room: 757-269-6460)

  1. To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 120390084.
  2. To join via a Web Browser, go to the page https://bluejeans.com/120390084.
  3. To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 120390084
    • US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
    • US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
  4. More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.

Previous Meeting


  1. Announcements
  2. Upgrade to RHEL7
    • Mon. Sept. 14
  3. ROL modifications
    • SYNC events
    • TS info for physics events (L1 latch word, unix timestamp)
  4. Readout Config. parameters in CCDB (RCDB?)
  5. L3 develeopment
  6. DAQ system development
  7. AOT


Attendees: David L. (chair), Bryan M., Curtis M., Sergey F., Simon T., Sean D., Justin S., Dave A., Alex S., Vardan G., Beni Z.

Upgrade to RHEL7

  • Aim for week of Sept. 14th
  • David will contact Paul to schedule

ROL modifications

We discussed some modifications to the ROL (read out lists) that will be needed for the next run.

  • SYNC events
    • Alex will take care of implementing SYNC events and adding special information to data stream during these
    • David will implement parsing of this data in sim-recon to make it available for easy consumption
    • Among the data written out will be some pedestal information.
    • A system to update DAC settings on fADC channels in order to stabilize pedestals will be implemented
    • Beni has a private CCDB that was used to record/set DAC values. Some of this system may be applicable to the current project

L3 development

  • Rumors of Bryan M. having a secondary ROL capable of disentangling were clarified:
    • Bryan has single crate systems that implement disentangling on the crate
    • This system was modified from Hall-B code


  • CODA 3.04 is now installed
    • Sergey will start testing
    • F1 and fADC125 still not well understood and ready for prime time. Work is ongoing.

Performance Document

  • Sean brought up that there is a GlueX Performance document on DocDB that has a section for DAQ that needs some numbers. Sergey F. volunteered (or was volunteered) to look at adding this.