Pi0 Polarizability Meeting Jul 2, 2021

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Information

Meeting Time And Location

11:00 am ET (JLab time)



You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 949 429 419). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):

  1. Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:

  2. Meeting ID: 949 429 419
    • (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)

  3. If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):

  4. If connecting via iOS or Android App:
    • Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting

  5. If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"

  6. If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above

Action Items

  1. Draft a plan for receiving and testing MWPCs at JLab (Beni) OSP is signed
  2. Provide feedback to Ilya on Sergey's draft (Rory, Elton and others) Elton and Ilya provided feedback and reviewed changes with Serguei
  3. Make a list of equipment to bring down from UMass (Rory)

Tentative Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Theory Update
    • Status and plans for documenting theoretical work
  4. Latest version of paper
  5. Gevorkyan et al PRC 80 (2009) 055201
  6. Experiment Update
  7. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  8. Trigger
  9. Other business
  10. Next meeting


Attending: Alex, Beni, Elton, Ilya, Mark

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
    • All items covered except for the last. Rory is tentatively coming to JLab on the week of July 19.
  3. Theory Update
    • Status and plans for documenting theoretical work
  4. Latest version of paper
    • Gevorkyan et al PRC 80 (2009) 055201
    • Ilya: Elton provided comments to the paper and questions were raised. Ilya and Elton had a zoom meeting with Serguei and resolved all questions/comments. These have been incorporated to the latest draft. Ilya is preparing figures with plots of the FFs (EM, strong, interference) as well as some example plots of the cross sections.
    • Comments and feedback to the present draft are welcome.
  5. Experiment Update
  6. CPP and NPP Readiness Review
  7. Trigger
  8. Other business
    • Elton gave an update on the BH muon generator newly implemented by Richard. Since there was time, participants made suggestions to help get it running.
    • Elton tried (last night) to run the generator using MCWrapper. This initially failed because the hooks to run the generator are still in the DEV branch. An inquiry to the software list got responses from Richard and Peter Pauli, clarifying the status.
    • After downloading the DEV branch, the files failed because the permissions were not set correctly. (Elton will submit an issue to GitHub). After changing the permissions by hand, the MCWrapper seemed to run hdgeant4 for 1000 events, but we could not find the generated output file. [An hddm file is placed in the output location but is empty.]
    • Elton will try to run hdgeant4 from the command line to see if that works.
  9. Next meeting