September 26, 2011 (11:30AM), Physics Working Group
ESNET and EVO will be available:
1. ESNET: 85-42553 (85-HALLD)
2. An EVO room under GlueX will be reserved
- EVO Recording: Choose File->Open URL... from EVO Recording Player and enter the following:
- +1-866-740-1260 : US+Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then enter participant code: 3421244# (remember the "#"). Phone connection only upon request.
- or www.readytalk.com (and code without the #)
- addressing reconstruction issues...
- physics analyses
- Maximum Likelihood Fitting.
- A short note by Curtis A. Meyer on maximum Likelihood Fitting.
- M. Williams, How good are your fits? Unbinned multivariate goodness-of-fit tests in high energy physics, JINST 5 P09004 (2010). Link to the JINST server, also a link to the arXiv server for this article.
- Note by R. Jones -- for an illustration of the failure of using the maximum likelihood value, and its agreement with the values from MC samples of similar size, as a criterion for goodness of fit, see Appendix A in the above paper. This simple example was an eye-opener for me!
- Photon polarization in PWA