Tagger and Beamline Review
- 1 The Hall D/GlueX Tagger and Beamline Review
- 2 Action Items to be addressed
- 3 Final talks
- 4 Preliminary Material Prepared for the Review
- 5 Relevant Wiki Pages
- 6 Dry Run Schedule for the Review
- 6.1 First round of dry runs (week of November 3rd)
- 6.2 Second round of dry runs (week of November 10)
- 6.3 Main Review
The Hall D/GlueX Tagger and Beamline Review
- November 19-20 Review Website (halld guest)
- Previous Reviews
- Pre-Brief material sent to the reviewers
- Preliminary report from the reviewers
Action Items to be addressed
- We need to specify the way of winding the coils for the tagger magnet. If the coils are wound badly you can have an unwanted heat exchange between the incomming cold water<br\> and the heated exhaust water. Juergen Ahrens described a good winding pattern in the mail below.<br\> Coil winding proceedure from Juergen Ahrens
- Juergen recommended using high tension rods going all the way through the magnet to bolt it together. This will save holes and will reduce machining so we should definately do it.
- Juergen suggested that when we lift the middle magnet yoke plate off the vacuum chamber we may have difficulties. He recommended foreseeing some jacks to help at the start when lifting.
- It needs to be verified that Moeller events are generated in the simulation.
- If the beam is mis-steered which system will trip first?
- It was suggested to consider making the pair spectrometer vacuum chamber top and bottom plates from iron. This may be cheaper than bolting plates onto the pole and will reduce the pole gap.
- The design of the downstream end of the vacuum chamber should be completed.
- Update the official GEANT geometry to reflect the present status.
- Finish first pair spectrometer iteration: rotate WSF counters, check thinner iron shielding, and estimate dose in the coils.
- Look at not using a rawgowsky countour on the +x face. This may make installation easier.
- Charge to the Committee - A. Lung
- Overview of Hall D Detector - E. C. Aschenauer
- 12 GeV Electron Beam - Y. Roblin
- Photon Beam Overview - R. Jones
- Beam Simulations - A. Somov
- Photon Beam Line- - T. Whitlatch
- Magnet Design - J. Stewart
- Tagger Optics - D. Sober
- Fixed Array Hodoscope - F. Klein
- Microscope - I. Senderovich
- Pair Spectrometer - J. Stewart
- Diamond Selection and Testing - R. Jones
Preliminary Material Prepared for the Review
- Pre-brief Material for the reviewers
- General Documents
- GlueX-doc-1063 GlueX Physics and Detector Performance Metrics
- Technical Design of the Hall D Polarized Photon Beam
- Technical Specifications
- Tagging Spectrometer
- Electron Machine
- Fixed Hodoscope
- The microscope detector
- Pair Spectrometer
- Simulations of collimatior cave and pair spectrometer background- Alex
- Trigger rates and background - Alex
Relevant Wiki Pages
Dry Run Schedule for the Review
- ESNET: join DOE ECS videoconferencing room 8542553.
- EVO: in community Gluex, look for "Photon Beam Review Dry Runs" meeting.
- Telephone: connect using the evo telephone bridge (for numbers, click here), with meeting Id's listed in parentheses below, and pass code 6626.
First round of dry runs (week of November 3rd)
Thursday, November 6, 2008 Room Elke's office and B101 after lunch (evo meeting id 614236)
|Toll free:||+1-800-377-8846 : US |
+1-888-276-7715 : Canada
+1-302-709-8424 : International
- 9:00-10:30--- Photon Beam Overview--- R. Jones
- 2:00-3:30--- Beam Simulations --- A. Somov
- 3:30-4:30--- Microscope--- I. Senderovich
- 4:30-5:30--- Tagger Optics--- D. Sober
Friday, November 7, 2008 Room F326/327 (evo meeting id 614247)
- 9:00-10:30 (F326/327) Pair Spectrometer .ppt --- J. Stewart
- 10:30-12:00 (F326/327)  Photon Beam Line--- T. Whitlatch
- 2:15-4:00 (F326/327) Fixed Array Hodoscope --- F. Klein
- 4:00-5:00 Magnet Design--- J. Stewart??
Monday, November 10, 2008 Room F326/327 (evo meeting id 614258)
- 9:00-10:30 --- Diamond Selection and Testing--- R. Jones
Richard not available 12:00 - 14:00
Second round of dry runs (week of November 10)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 Room F326/327 (evo meeting id 614269)
- 1:00-2:30--- Fixed Array Hodoscope --- F. Klein
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 Room F326/327 (evo meeting id 614270)
Thursday, November 13, 2008 Room F326/327 (evo meeting id 614281)
- 8:00-9:00--- Microscope--- I. Senderovich
- 9:00-10:00--- Pair Spectrometer --- J. Stewart
- 10:00-11:30--- Magnet Design--- J. Stewart
- 3:00-4:30--- Diamond Selection and Testing--- R. Jones
Friday, November 14, 2008 Room F326/327 (evo meeting id 614292)
- 8:00-9:00--- Overview of Hall D Detector--- E. C. Aschenauer
- 9:00-10:30--- Photon Beam Line--- Collimator T. Whitlatch
- 10:30-12:00--- Beam Simulations --- A. Somov
- 2:30-4:00--- Tagger Optics --- D. Sober
- Review: November 19 and 20.
- issues that need special attention