Controls Meeting 17-Apr-2014
- Minutes from previous meeting Controls Meeting 3-Apr-2014
- Gas System controls (Dave)
- Gas system EPICS GUIs (Mike) CDC/FDC_Gas_System_GUI
- Cables for motors (Scot)
- Any other business
9:30AM Thurs 17-Apr-2014 CC F224
Present: Nerses, Orlando, Elton, Dave B., Hovanes, Scot, Mark S., Mike, Beni
Gas system controls
- Dave continues working on the PLC program. MFC are programmed.
- Working on the procedure signatures. Purge will be a separate procedure.
- Beni will be working on the definition of the gas system alarms and communicate them to Dave.
- Mike Steib gave a short presentation on the gas system GUIs that he developed.
- Scot reported that the motors are ready with exception of goniometer cables.
- The goniometer cables should be ready in middle of May, Tina is working on them.
- Nerses gave a presentation on the voltage alarms for voltages.
- CAEN alarms are mostly ready. Still need to do some work on Wiener-based alarms.
- The system allows to change the parameters that are involved in generation of the alarms.
- Hovanes needs some input on the archiving voltages, in particular the deadbands for the channels that need to be archived.
- According to Elton for the BCAL bias voltage readbacks 10mV is a good number and 0.1V for LVs . For the current readbacks 1mA is a good deadband for the biases and 0.1A is a good number for low voltages.
- Elton would like to have a document specifying the capabilities of the Hall D controls system regarding alarms and paging. Hovanes volunteered to work on it.
- Dave will send the gas system control procedure to the group's mailing list.
- Dave will work with Beni to define the alarms for the gas system .
- Scot and Tina will work on goniometer cables.
- Hovanes will start working on the document describing the control system capabilities for review documentation.
Nerses will design the alarms for Wiener MPOD based voltage systems.