Difference between revisions of "GlueX Physics Exotc Quantum Number Mesons"
(→Exotic Quantum Numbers)
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
====The Flux-tube Model====
====The Flux-tube Model====
Revision as of 14:46, 7 April 2010
- 1 GlueX Physics
- 2 Review Papers
- 3 Mesons in the Quark Model
- 4 Exotic Quantum Number Mesons
- 5 Lattice QCD Calculations
- 6 Photoproduction
- 7 Strong Decay Models
Exotic Quantum Number Mesons
Exotic Quantum Numbers
As noted in the Quark Model chapter, simple systems can have the following JPC quantumnumbers:
It was also noted that there were a number of JPC quantum numbers that are notallowed for systems:
0--, 0+-, 1-+, 2+-, 3-+, .... (2)
Observation of a state from equation (2) would indicated something outside the simple quark model picture. Such states could include multi-quark states such as , glueballs (states containing only gluons) ,, or hybrid mesons, written schematically as . In fact, the manifest glue represents an excitation of the gluonic field binding the system. For a more detailed description of the statos these states, please consult the recent review papers mentioned in this note. Various models make predictions for expected quantum numbers and masses for these states.
Models of non Mesons
The Bag Model
QCD Sum Rules
The Flux-tube Model
Here we present a brief summary of lattice results related to exotic quantum number mesons. A more detailed description can be found in the section on Lattice QCD Calculations.
- Experimental Measurements
- Precision Meson Spectroscopy at COMPASS, The COMPASS Collaboration, arXiv:1002.1272, (2010), arXiv.
- Observation of a JPC=1-+ exotic resonance in diffractive dissociation of 190 GeV/c pi- into pi- pi- pi+, The COMPASS Collabration, arXiv:0910.5842, (2009), arXiv.
- Search for the photo-excitation of exotic mesons in the π+ π+ π- system, M. Nozar, et al. (CLAS Collaboration), Phys. Rev. Lett. 102 (2009), 102002, PRL.
- Partial wave analysis of the π-π-π+ and π-π0π0 systems and the search for a JPC=1-+ meson, A.R. Dzierba, et al., Phys. Rev. D73, (2006), 072001, PRD.
- Exotic Meson Decays to ω πoπ-, M. Lu et al. (E852 Collaboration), Phys. Rev.94, (2005), 032002, PRL.
- Study of the Reaction π-p → η' π0 n at the VES Spectrometer, Y. Guoz (VES Collaboration), AIP Conf. Proc. 717 (2004) 145-149.
- Exotic Meson Production in the f1(1285) π<sup-</sup> System observed in the Reaction π-p → η π+ π- π- p at 18 GeV/c, J. Kuhn (E852 Collaboration), Phys. Lett. B595, (2004), 109-117, Science Direct.
- ρ π states in the anti-proton neutron annihilation into π- 3π0, F. Meyer-Wildhagen et al. (Crystal Barrel Collaboration), Nucl. Phys. A721 (2003), 605-608, Science Direct.
- Exotic and qq̅ resonances in the ππ-π- system produced in π- p collisions at 18 GeV/c, S.U. Chung, et al. (E852 Collaboration), Phys. Rev. D65, (2002),1-16,PRD.
- Observation of Exotic Meson Production in the Reaction π-p→ η' π- p at 18 GeV/c , E.I. Ivanov (E852 Collaboration), Phys. Rev. Lett.86 (2001), 3977.
- Study of reaction π-A → π+ π- π- A at VES setup, I. Kachaev (VES Collaboration), (2001), arXiv.
- The JPC=1−+ hunting season at VES, V. Dorofeev (VES Collaboration), (2001), arXiv.
- Evidence for a ηπ-wave with odd angular momentum in antiproton-proton-annhilations at rest into π0π0η, A. Abele et al. (Crystal Barrel Collaboration), Phys. Lett. B446 (1999), 349, Science Direct.
- Observation of a New JPC)=1-+ Exotic State in the Reaction π-p→π+π-π-p at 18 GeV/c, G.S. Adams (E852 Collaboration), Phys. Rev. Lett. 26 (1998), 5760.
- Exotic ηπ State in antiproton-deuterium Annihilation at Rest into ηπ-π0 pspectator, A. Abele et al. (Crystal Barrel Collaboration), Phys. Lett. B423 (1998), 175.
- Study of resonance production in diffractive reaction π- A → π+ π- π- A, D.V. Amelin (VES Collaboration), Phys. Lett. B356, (1995), 595, Science Direct.
- Study of π- N → η π- N and π- N → η' π- N reactions at 37-GeV/c, G.M. Beladidze (VES Collaboration), Phys. Lett. B313, (1993), 276-282.
- Model Calculations and Interpretations
- Study of the eta pi and eta-prime pi spectra and interpretation of possible exotic JPC=1-+ mesons, A.P. Szczepaniak, M. Swat, A.R. Dzierba and S. Teige, Phys. Rev. Lett. 91 (2003), 092002, PRL.